he family of a man left with life-changing injuries have spoken out after he was assaulted in an unprovoked attack last month as part of a renewed appeal to find the men responsible.
At around 11.30pm on December 2, 2022, he was approached by two men who began speaking to him.
One of the men punched Mr Pannone which resulted in him falling to the ground and hitting his head.
The men then ran off towards Nursery Road, the police said.
Due to the assault, Mr Pannone was left in a coma for 11 days. After waking from his coma, he suffered a haemorrhage which required a second surgery.
He remains in intensive care and has started rehab but his family have spoken of the “obstacles he will still have to face” as the Met relaunched their appeal for witnesses.
His sister, Veronica said: “My family and I have been here since 5 December, in a country we don’t know, and surrounded by a language we don’t speak.
“We are here for Marco, to be close to him and to give him the strength he needs to recover. This situation is difficult for us as a family and we are scared of the obstacles we still have to face.”
Detective constable Edward Cartwright, added: “As a result of this incident, Marco, a young man, has been left with life changing injuries which resulted in him being kept in hospital over the Christmas period.
“Both him and his family are struggling to come to terms with the impact of the assault and will need time to process what has happened.
“We need to find the person responsible for this unprovoked attack, and I am asking the public to help.”
Detectives from the local policing team in London have carried out several enquiries, including a review of CCTV from the area. They have reissued an image of a man they would like to identify, along with footage.
Anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference CAD 85/03Dec22. To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.