Clapham chemical attack: Abdul Ezedi’s brother urges him to give himself up as Metropolitan Police raid homes

  • london
  • February 3, 2024
  • Comments Off on Clapham chemical attack: Abdul Ezedi’s brother urges him to give himself up as Metropolitan Police raid homes

Suspected Clapham chemical attacker Abdul Ezedi has been urged by his own brother to give himself up to police.

Hassan Ezedi spoke to the media on Friday night as police wearing riot gear raided his east London home while looking for the 35-year-old fugitive.

Police also fruitlessly raided addresses in Newcastle and other parts of London as Ezedi remains on the run.

Ezedi was last seen boarding a southbound Victoria line Tube from King’s Cross station at 9pm on Wednesday.

The Standard will be providing the latest updates to this developing case on Saturday in our live blog here

Hassan, 21, told the Sun he would have no qualms about turning in his older brother. 

The scene in Clapham as police carry out their search

PA Wire

“If I knew where he was, I’d turn him in for what he did,” he said. 

“I don’t know if he’s alive or where he is now. I saw him briefly last week, he wasn’t living with me. He was in Newcastle.”

The mother and her two daughters remain in hospital, police confirmed on Friday.

The mother is “very poorly” and has been sedated, while her children’s injuries are not as serious as initially thought.

Making a direct appeal to Ezedi on Friday, Commander Jon Savell said at a press conference outside Scotland Yard: “Abdul, you clearly have got some very significant injuries. 

“We’ve seen the images. You need some medical help, so do the right thing and hand yourself in.”